Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vosges Naga Cookie


Ever since moving back to Chicago, I have been IN LOVE with Vosges Haute Chocolate. A truffle here, a exotic chocolate bar there....I can't seem to restrain myself. I have now officially taken it to the next level....I am baking with Vosges!




I have always brushed by the baking chips at Vosges, but something told me to pick up a bag of the Naga Chips last week. The Naga Bar is exceptional....sweet curry, toasted coconut all in a deep milk chocolate. I figured that the warm spice of the Naga Bar would complement autumn and in a cookie...who could ask for more?



Much to my husbands dismay....I tried to "healthify" the cookie. Now the curry itself has healing properties (it tonifies the stomach and aids in digestion), so I am halfway there. I figured that making the cookie "wheat-free" and cutting the sugar would excellent modifications. Well, at least I thought so.






The cookies were very good....and my husband did eat them all. But no doubt they would of been just a bit better if I didn't fuss with the recipe. I'll make them again and next time I'll be more indulgent.

No comments: