Saturday, September 27, 2008

Vegetarian Buger Option.

Whether you eat vegetarian for personal reasons or because it's a healthier lifestyle, black beans become a staple in your diet. As an excellent source of nearly fat-free protein, blood-sugar stabilizing fiber, anti-oxidants and molybdenum. black beans are a healthy option. Why is molybdenum important? Mostly because it helps your body detoxify sulfites (a common food additive). There are numerous people who are sensitive to sulfites and molybdenum is an important mineral that helps them prevent severe allergenic reactions.



A few months back, I had gone to lunch at Milk & Honey in Chicago. There I had the most delicious black bean burger. I have been thinking about it ever since and today decided to try to replicate it. I did pretty good if I have to say so myself....


The Black Bean Burgers were made from seasoned black beans and topped with a mango-kiwi salsa and a pretzel hamburger bun. I made mini-sliders, which in the end helped make the black bean patties more manageable and they kept their shape without falling apart.

No comments: